Joining subqueries

silkfire

I've got a table with columns id, year and the 12 months. How do I join the result set if I want to select Nov, Dec where year is 2010 and Jan where year is 2011? Without selecting Jan 2010 and Nov, Dec 2011?

Can you help me out guys? I now need to compare a previous price with a current one and the problem is when I compare Dec with January of a next year. (I can't do this with PHP because I need the result of this query to make another query).

Let's say I want to compare these two rows (even if it's not just these two rows, it should check in the whole table):

ID,            year,  Jan ............(months)............., Dec

40432329, 2011, .............................................45.32

40432329, 2012, 28.45.............................................

How do I select all IDs where Jan 2012 is LESS than Dec 2010? Remember that on most months it will compare to same row, for example Sep 2011 with Oct 2011.

Tried with subquery but it said subquery returned multiple results. Help!

You, sir, shouldn't be on these forums, you can't help out anyway just giving people useless replies. I said I had one price in every cell, what is it you don't understand? Anyway I solved it myself. And if I would want more than one price in a cell I would separate them with a delimiter. Don't tell me how to build tables, fenway.

You, sir, shouldn't be on these forums, you can't help out anyway just giving people useless replies. I said I had one price in every cell, what is it you don't understand? Anyway I solved it myself. And if I would want more than one price in a cell I would separate them with a delimiter. Don't tell me how to build tables, fenway.

Well, you don't know how to "build tables" -- so someone should tell you before you break something.  I really hope you're not being paid for this work, since you're about to screw over your client.  What you consider 'solved' everyone else in the world considers "broken".

And don't tell me how to help -- I can't tell you how to listen.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.