How to make my table look like this?

mike12255

I got a table designed on photoshop (see below) and Im just curious how to do it. I assume That I would just make a div with the background image of the spiraley things that are inbetween the <Tr>'s and I can replace the background image of the Tr's with the gradiant image I have. My only issue is IF you can do both of those how do I space the Tr's out enough so that there is a little crack between them and you can see the div background image.

scorew.gif

Not sure what you mean with 'like' but what i meant is to make a combined image and use that as a background for the table row. see attachment, that is what i mean. Than give a height to the table row, assign a background and set the table to border-collapse:collapse;

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />       
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css" />
        <title></title>
        <style type="text/css">

#score{text-align: center;border-collapse: collapse;}
            #score tr{             
                background:url("images/tablerow.png") repeat 0 -5px;
                height:30px;
                vertical-align: top;
            }
            #score td{
                min-width: 60px;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div id="wrapper">
            <table id="score">
                 <tbody>
                    <tr id="head"><th>subject</th><th>wins</th><th>ties</th><th>loses</th></tr>
                    <tr class="data"><td>online</td><td>245</td><td>6</td><td>67</td></tr>
                    <tr class="data"><td>lan</td><td>245</td><td>2</td><td>10</td></tr>
                    <tr class="data"><td>overall</td><td>490</td><td>8</td><td>77</td></tr>
                </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </body>
</html>

next time just start coding and play around, you learn much more when you do it yourself.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.