JS animations

tendouser

yes but the problem is that the client machine would be bombarded with javascript to process which will be extremely hefty if used to create animations like flash could.

I would not suggest it as 90% of your users would not even be able to run it. I have seen it done though.. I have seen a website take ASCII code and animate the rooftop scene in the matrix movie with keanu reeves.

It was badass but it also sucked up a shit load of resources

Javascript is just as powerful as any other programming language the downside is that it pretty much only works with browser engines and 110% of the processing of the code is done on the client machine.

The most common way to use it  is as a cosmetic tool. Use javascript to make your site pretty and neat without bogging down your server. The General rule of thumb i guess is to only use javascript for functionality that is not absolutely neccesary for your site to work. Javascript can be turned off. If you have your site security in Javascript.. well its just been unsecured lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.