Parse error help please

TFOR

I recently started testing a script on my website and after installing everything i got the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/vhosts/thefutureofrnb.com/artist/common/functions.php on line 3461

im pretty much a novice at php but im pretty sure its missing something from the end of the functions.php code.

could anybody help me with this please.

here is a full copy of the functions.php: http://paste2.org/p/1517003

thanks in advance

Andy

That error usually indicates that you're missing a curly bracket.  This could also be caused if you DO NOT have short_tags enabled.  Check in your php.ini or by simply placing phpinfo() in a php file to check.  This is a great example of why NOT to use short_tags.

That error usually indicates that you're missing a curly bracket.  This could also be caused if you DO NOT have short_tags enabled.  Check in your php.ini or by simply placing phpinfo() in a php file to check.  This is a great example of why NOT to use short_tags.

hi

thanks for your reply. So if it is missing a curly bracket does that mean i have to go through it and find where it should be? or will enabling short_tags fix the issue?

Thanks again

hi

thanks for your reply. So if it is missing a curly bracket does that mean i have to go through it and find where it should be? or will enabling short_tags fix the issue?

Thanks again

You should really try to avoid using short_tags due to portability issues but I would temporarily enable them to see if that's the issue, then you could simply do a find/replace.

hi

Thanks again

You should really try to avoid using short_tags due to portability issues but I would temporarily enable them to see if that's the issue, then you could simply do a find/replace.

ok like i said im a novice at this so please bear with me....i activated short_tags and it didnt fix the error so what would i search for on th find/replace? thanks again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.