local_mail_server in php

mohitengi

I am student of B.tech 4th year. I have assigned Local_Mail_Server project in php.

i have done almost  client side work as Html and Css.i need some help regarding php.

lcoal_mail_server which contains pages for login info,registration info,inbox,draft,outbox. Give me some idea about mail management in inbox and process of sending mail to other local user..(ideas only). tell me any best IRC channel of php .

Working with the email servers can be handled in multiple ways. It can't be done with single page of code. You need to use php or apache handlers in a such ways that they can work as a mail server. However there is a more easy approach to do this by reading mails using POP server and sending mails with SMTP with few lines of code. you you need to be sure which method you have to follow and start developing it in a systematic way. this google search string will help you more regarding this "using php to read pop emails". I found tons of results using this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.