Best language for these types of things?

I was curious as to what programming language would be best for creating programs with a graphical user interface, including buttons, textboxes and such, something like this

ub.png

the language has to be capable with user logins, sessions, cookies and such, I would have to create code to login for myspaces, facebooks, various other social networking sites as well, Im looking for the language that would be the best for this type of programming..

right now I use php to login to various sites and such, I create scripts and run em in CLI, If I were to sell my scripts, someone who is not familiar with how things work wouldnt be able to edit the settings I set in the script to make it work how they want or set the script to do certain things..

So what language would you recommend for making programs like that? I would consider distributing the software as well once I get some experience, so the language would have to allow me to add security so it cannot be pirated among the ones I distribute it to as well..

And for whatever language you recommend, could you maybe point me in the right direction to where I might be able to learn the basics and the language in general

Im up for suggestions towards books, websites, anything..

Thank you !

-CLUEL3SS

Windows,

I would be distrubuting to windows users, but if you could recommend a language that might be faster or better overall on linux, I would take them recommendations as well. But yes, windows would be the OS these programs would be run on.

Thanks

aside from good interfaces, would csharp surpass what any other programming languages offer when it comes to features and other things I would need to incorporate like sessions, cookies, and other things like that?

The application would be logging into a website, myspace for example, it would log into the myspace, and accept the friend requests, or... log into the myspace, fetch the data for a certain application and then use the data to load headers and such to automate certain things in the application. That is just an example.

I would also want to write things like this

<?php
$link = "http://forums.psucomic.com/threads/";
$ch = curl_init();
$x = fopen('psuc111.html', 'a+');
for($z = 1; $z!=73600; $z++)
	{
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $link.$z);
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
	if(stristr(curl_exec($ch), 'No Thread specified'))
		{
		echo "No Thread specified\n";
		} else 
			{ 
			$thread_url = explode('<meta property="og:url" content="', curl_exec($ch));
			$thread_url = explode('?s=', $thread_url[1]);
			$title = explode("http://forums.psucomic.com/threads/$z-", curl_exec($ch));
			$title = explode("?s=", $title[1]);
			$title2 = str_replace('-', ' ', $title[0]);
			fwrite($x, '<a href="'.$thread_url[0].'"><b>'.$z.' : '.$title2.'</b></a></br>');
			echo $thread[0]."\n";
		}
	}
	fclose($x);
	curl_close($ch);
	sleep(100000);

?>

I wrote that in php to load links on a forum and make an HTML with the hyperlinks to each thread available on the forum.. I would write the program and include a GUI for settings and to display information I might parse off of the page when I load..

This might be a web application, Im not real sure, thats why I got into explaining what I would write the programs to do to help you further understand what I am going to be doing to help suggest a language that suites my needs.

Thanks[/code]

This type of thing is simply using a tcp protocol (in this case http) to connect to a website. There would be too many programming languages around that you couldn't do this in, and yes, I'm sure .Net would have interfaces for such things.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.