A "how do i do that" question (CMS)

jacko_162

OK i have coded a half decent CMS system that i will resell.

problem i will have is each person will have different database and probably a different host to my own.

if for example i wanted to post a "news" item to all the CMS dashboards how would i go about doing this in the code logistically?

only way of doing something like this i can see is hard coding a frame to a PHP file located on my servers?

and anyone have any name suggestions for my CMS script, mainly aimed at local automotive and estate agents?

Since each CMS install will be on different servers/hosts, you should set up a centralized web service.  In your CMS, you can make a call to the centralized web service to get news, etc.

this is similar idea to what i wanted to do.

i plan to release updates initially every few weeks, how would i go about having each script to hold a version number in the sql db, upon loading an "update.php" page i want it to check the "latest version" from my server and compare it to the local version and if its lower then show a message etc..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.