display a .doc file

crmamx

That sucks! And I was afraid that was the answer since I've never run across it before.

So I took the .doc, had to increase the font size, scanned it, cropped it and displayed it as a jpg. It will do but the quality of the scan isn't that great.

Any other ideas on how to do it?

Thanks.

doc is a propriety format that is particularly hard to parse. There are php (and other) libraries around, but your not doing anything in plain html.

If this is only a single doc your talking about, just recreate the thing in html.

Thanks Thorpe.

I tried to think of a way to HTML it but it turned out to be mind blowing. It is a monstrous profit and loss statement.

But come to think of it I could have used my WYSIWYG editor with a table. Too late now. Gonna leave it as is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.