Tables

manix

Hello,

Not really sure if it's possible but I guess everything's possible nowadays,

What I want is to have 2 cells on the same row with different height,

I'd like to notice that <tr><td height="100">Item</td><td height="50">item</td></tr> did not work

I can't really do this, because that's how I'm making the second cell (which is most of the time longer) longer but there's one page where the second is shorter than the first and there it is I'm stuck with an issue again ..

Well, reason is my whole website is a table, and the reason for that is I couldn't find any other way of having all elements static (not moving around when window is resizing) and the left side are the user control panel and some other menu, the right side is the content the user is viewing which is longer most of the time, but when it's not (it's just 1 case) I don't want the right side being equal to the left, because it's a really short content in it and most of the space is left blank

Well, tables are really for, as the name implies, tabular data. What this means is that if you wouldn't put it in an excel spreadsheet, you shouldn't put it in a HTML table.

I, myself, once used tables for my website design, but many from a community much like this one introduced me to tableless design. Ever since I have been using tableless design because it just makes sense.

But, like I said, Google it, you will find more reasons why you shouldn't use tables for design.

It is your choice, but keep in mind that using tables for design WILL hold you back as a web designer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.