xammp, php and mysql Questions

dominic600

im not like really stuck anywhere, like im asking is it possible to make a webserver on a computer, i know its possible but ive only done it for a lan connection. is it possible to access a webserver i create on my computer from anywhere just like as if i paid for a hosting servrice..

The simple answer to your question is yes. If you don't have a static IP address (don't know where you are from, but most people around here don't), a fast internet connection (again, broadband speeds aren't bad here, but nowhere near the upstream speed for running a decent web-server, then you probably don't want to be.

I am not sure about my static iP or whatever but i have seen videos of ways you can fix that. and as far as internet im not sure how fast mine is but its deffintly not slow

but my question is how do i make the site live to the internet? like i got it all set up for testing out my site but i wanna make it so i can access it anywhere and anyone can access it.

Im just want to do this for tempary just to see how the site is going to work and if it does good ill eventually get a paid hosting service.

You can get around the static ip address by using a service such as http://dyndns.org. they can give you a sub domain that points to your ip address.

You'll need to install there daemon, details are on there site.

As for configuration, it should be ready to go out of the box. You may need to look at your access restrictions within your Apache configuration if you can't get access.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.