Database inserted \'s into some of my columns. I need to remove them...

Jim R

I was resetting my WordPress database, and while I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish, there were a couple of side effects.  One of them was inserting a \  everywhere I have a quote.  Considering I deal with the heights of basketball players, 6'1", 6'2", etc., I now have an assortment of \'s showing up all over my site. 

How do I just get rid of the \'s?  I tried to Select the just the cells that had them in a given column, but that didn't work. 

Good news.  I had backed up my database last week before resetting the first time, and the only changes I've made since then are to non-content pages.  If someone wants to answer this question still, I'm sure it can help someone else, or likely me in about a year when I screw something up again.  : )

Thanks.

True, but it was inserted nonetheless.  Hard to explain why.  Maybe in upgrading the database "version" (whatever that really means), it escapes all single quotes to avoid any conflicts with PHP.  It's the only thing I can think of, but it didn't do it earlier. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.