Greetings

MasterACE14

Can't believe I've never introduced myself on this fine forum. I registered on the PHPFreaks forum when I was 14 (hence the username), I'm now 19. I got into web development at first as a hobby when I was 13, mainly because 'high school' didn't live up to the hype of being the place where you 'learn heaps'. So I decided to develop my own skills outside of the confinements of school.

In 2006 I started my own business with the encouragement and support of my parents, which ultimately was based around me making text games in PHP, of course being 14, programming was only a 'casual' hobby for me, and I spent more time playing video games than anything else. It wasn't until 2008 when I started making quite a substantial amount of money in a very short amount of time through my games, however this was short lived due to my lack of knowledge and experience etc.

Now in 2011, after having spent 9 months programming my own PHP MVC framework I've titled ShadowFrame, I'm beginning rewrites of my entire website. A new beginning for Crikey Games.

Since May 2007 I have been a member here and have received a lot of help and advice, and although I'm sure many of the regulars here have been typing their replies to me through gritted teeth. Hopefully I haven't caused too much pain ;)

I try to help out where I can, majority of my knowledge comes from reading textbook after textbook over the years, as well as the help I have received here and from programmers I've met over the years.

Currently, besides my business work, I am studying a Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology at the University of Western Sydney (Sydney, Australia). Which I break up with time spent mountain biking, running and weekends out with friends and family.

Cheers, Ace (Nathan)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.