Rewrite causes Sitemap Spider to Fail

unemployment

I am using this rewrite rule in my htaccess.    RewriteRule ^blog/([0-9]+)/.*$ /blog.php?post_id=$1 [L]

For some reason when I go to create a sitemap via http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

It spiders pages that don't exist and keeps add pages to the url in the wrong way... for example...

mysite.com/blog/5/blog-title    is a real url

mysite.com/contact                  is a real url

mysite.com/blog/5/blog-title/contact    is NOT a real url

Is the rewriterule causing the issue?  I just want to make sure google's spiders don't have the same problem.

While I do see a few relative links at the site you PMed me, none of them are for the contact page.

I think the spider may be "at fault", but I use the term loosely: it may be caching pages and it just hasn't refreshed since you've made changes (since I don't know when).

To answer the question, the URL rewriting shouldn't affect any of that so long as you use absolute URLs. Wait a day or two and try their sitemap thing again, see if the problem magically disappears.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.