Problem with DB Query Speed (no code just question)

idontknowphp

I have a pretty large database, and I can run some simple queries on it e.g. Select, Update...the real problem i am having is trying to drop the fulltext so I can update it....every time i try to run the drop query it will timeout...also, now my app is not functioning properly when i load the search it is automatically supposed to show a few rows and now there are none displayed at all....Any thoughts?

If someone can help better by looking at the code/db send a PM and we will discuss it...

In fact i would prefer that, I just recieved this error:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home1/oregoner/public_html/search.php on line 157

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home1/oregoner/public_html/search.php on line 158

MySQL server has gone away

The most likely cause for this was that your query results were very large, took too much time to fetch them, try increasing your timeout in php.ini

It would also help to increase the memory in php.ini, and also create an index on any where/and/or values for the select statements in your database.

Posting the actual code can get you better help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.