car park layout (image hotspots)

hyster

im trying to do a car park layout for work where u can pick ur spot then submit it for approval.

i tried to do this with a table but i can not get the layout to look the same as the carpark as the spots are angled.

this leaves me with the idea of an image map.

now what i want to do is green bgcolor for available, amber for some1 has chosen it but not approved and red for all ready taken.

the approval depends on certain criteria

from what i have read i can not do this with hotspots so can any1 give me another idea pls on how to start with this.

this is part of a green initative ive come up with to help with lack of car park space and getting people to lift share.

this is the only part im stuck on atm as the rest is done.

more detailed as to want i want to accomplish.

user looks at the car park layout.

choses 5 spots in order of prefrence.

fills out more info on his travel pattern. ( how many people they bring in, distance ........)

submits form.

criteria is if 2 people want the same spot then the person with 5 people in there car gets priority over some1 with 3 people.

thanks for any help ( sry if this rambled on to much)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.