PHP calendar script suggestions?

purdles

I am looking for an easy easy supereasy  ;D PHP calendar script - what I want is one of those tiny sidebar calendars that you see on blogs like Wordpress.  One that I can easily install to an HTML page AND one that I can add events to.  I found a few but they were strictly calendars.  What we want is a birthday calendar so people can easily see that, hey, today's date is highlighted so there's members' birthdays there - click on it or hover over the date and you see a little list of the birthday people.  That's why I need to be able to add events.

Any ideas? Is there something out there like this, or am I dreaming?  Or is PHP not the answer?  I found a couple of JS ones but they seemed too complicated to maintain, esp adding events.

Oh, did I mention that I prefer free or extremely cheap?  ;D

Well, I've recently written a tutorial for a [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/144/0.php]Basic Event Calendar[/url] which may fit your needs. Take a look at that and see if it makes sense. If you have specific questions about how the calendar is run, let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.