clamav and clamd for PHP

I am not sure if this is meant to be in other server software but since Clam Daemon is a seperate process that PHP can tap into I thought I was just in putting it in here, but please move if you feel it should be put somewhere else.

Is there any other better service than ClamAV to scan files uploaded by users for say a content site or something? Being the worried kind of person I am I like the idea of having something scan files uploaded by users for viruses just don't know if there's any good other ones out there since ClamAV tends to suck up allot of either processing power and/or memory, is there any qucker maybe or just one that doesn't take as much system resources up?

I don't expect a high load for my server, well not yet anyways but I just thought I would ask here to get knowledge of what's out there.

Any information is greatly appreciated, really anything is relevant but must be free, probably can see this coming back saying there isn't but I would prefer my suggestions to be free if at all possible, like solutions to software that you don't have to pay for to scan files, like Norton charge for their, ir McAfee I am after the free ones if there's any that run as services and run with PHP, if there is any though I doubt it.

Really as I said any response is much appreciated and thank you ever so much for your time,

Jeremy

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.