Multiforum .htaccess file not working

Ruko

I recently recoded a multiforum software, it works fine but the problem is, the redirection. I have a wildcard domain setup, and if people visit "test.multiforum.com" then it works. but if they visit something like for example "test.multiforum.com/viewforum.php" then it leads to 404 error. Here's what i have been getting on the error log.

2011-11-15 17:19:38.914 [iNFO] [**.***.**.***:50039-0#APVH_*.terra-boards.com] File not found [/home/n****x/public_html/terra-b****s.com/viewforum.php]

I don't know why im getting that error. Here's my .htaccess file, I don't know what i did wrong.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.terra-boards\.com$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?([a-z0-9][a-z0-9\-]*[a-z0-9])\.terra-boards\.com$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^phpbbforums/
RewriteRule ^$ phpbbforums/ [L]

Can someone help me on this?

1. I assume the multi-board thing looks at the HTTP_HOST to determine which board to show?

2. The REQUEST_URI always begins with a slash.

3. Does /viewforum.php actually exist? No? But it does exist in /phpbbforums/ right? How about moving all those files right into the root and not bothering with the subfolder.

1. I assume the multi-board thing looks at the HTTP_HOST to determine which board to show?

2. The REQUEST_URI always begins with a slash.

3. Does /viewforum.php actually exist? No? But it does exist in /phpbbforums/ right? How about moving all those files right into the root and not bothering with the subfolder.

moving all the files in the root would mean that i have to replace my website's index.php, so i cant move all the files in the root.

ok i got part of it fixed. Now all i need to do is...

how do i remove the phpbbforums in test.multiforum.com/phpbbforums?

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.terra-boards\.com$

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?([a-z0-9][a-z0-9\-]*[a-z0-9])\.terra-boards\.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^$ /phpbbforums/ [L]

Changed the code a bit more... I apologize if im bumping

Options +FollowSymLinks

Options +Indexes

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.terra-boards\.com$ [NC]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?([^\.]+)\.terra-boards\.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule .* /phpbbforums/$1 [L]

This time, everytime i go on some other page in test.terra-boards.com, it redirects to the index and the url bar stays the same.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.