4 replies to this topic

#1 rksprst

rksprst
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

So this is an ecommerce site: http://www.shopvilleonline.com/

I'm aware that it does not validate correctly - and am wondering if this is really a big deal? Will I get hurt with search engines?

What do you guys think about the color of the site? Should it be changed, and if so - to what color/colors?

Any comments are great, be harsh if you want... I can take it.

Also, I know ALOT of product images are unavailable, which is something I'm working on fixing and posted a thread here for help.

#2 KevinM1

KevinM1
  • Moderators
  • Snarkimus Prime
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

Access denied.
Using 'global' is a sign of doing it wrong

#3 rksprst

rksprst
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

Access denied.

Huh? You couldn't access the site?
That's weird, I can access it fine... there should be no problems at all. Server is up, dunno why you cant access.

#4 KevinM1

KevinM1
  • Moderators
  • Snarkimus Prime
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

Now it's working.

I like it.  A simple, clean look that makes it easy for a user to navigate the site.  I think you might want to put a border around the shopping basket in the header.  Right now I think it blends in a bit too much.  You also might want to have fewer rows of the latest products.  I'd limit it to only three or four rows.  I also suggest making each navigation button at the top a link, rather than just their individual text.  If the average user is like my mother, they won't immediately figure out that only the text is the link.

Otherwise, good job! :)
Using 'global' is a sign of doing it wrong

#5 rksprst

rksprst
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

Cool, thank you.

I'll reduce the number of products on the front page... less rows. And I'll see if I can make the whole button a link as well as putting a border around the shopping basket.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users