Creating a Session

Shadowing

I"m doing a online tutor and the guy who wrote the tutor his code isnt working.

Its supposed to create a cookie but I searched for the cookie and it doesnt exists

if someone could please help me id really appreciate it.

my server connect file has this code at the top

<?php session_start();

ob_start();

then another page with this code below

$_SESSION['user_id'] = $row['id'];// this line of code is very important. This saves the user id in the php session so we can use it in the game to display information to the user.

$result = mysql_query("UPDATE users SET userip='".mysql_real_escape_string($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."',login_ip='".mysql_real_escape_string($row['login_ip'])."' WHERE id='".mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['user_id'])."'")
or die(mysql_error());

// to test that the session saves well we are using the sessions id update the database with the ip information we have received.

header("Location: Sample.php"); // this header redirects me to the Sample.php i made earlier

if(isset($_SESSION['user_id'])) {

// if already logged in.

session_unset();

session_destroy(); 

echo "You have been logged out.";

I just ran a session test using a view counter and now I understand what a session is lol.

no wonder why its not creating a cookie cause there is no create cookie code

I thought creating a session was creating a cookie but apparently a session is just something temporary stored on the server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.