How do I keep others from stealing my content?

JohnnyDoomo

I have a website and I am not only trying to protect the media content, but I am wondering if it's possible to keep people from stripping keywords and categories that I've placed with the media. I know this is impossible from a manual rip, but is there coding that can be done that prevents this type of data from being auto grabbed from site strippers?

What's the best method to prevent people from stealing my media content? For example, the FireFox addon "video download helper" finds lots of stuff that is and isn't embedded right in the source of the site. But I've seen that addon not work on some sites. What type of coding needs to be done to prevent that addon (and others like it) from seeing the media embedded within the page?

Can anybody tell me other methods that can prevent site rippers?

I have recently had my site stripped with names, thumbnails, and media content, and I would like to prevent others from being able to do this.

I am not a programmer, but am creating a list for my programmer of things I want coded into my site, and to simply say that I want my site unrippable seems a little vague.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I believe the only way to have your content not able to be crawled and stripped easily..would be to have your site written with AJAX.

Site crawlers and scrapers are made to emulate browsers to get the information. Reading some javascript and especially ajax makes it hard to get the content.

You could block ip's and ranges in .htaccess to stop them from visiting your server.

But that still could not stop them at first, and they could also be running a server through a dynamic ip that will change.

Using javascript for links or ajax to load content will most likely be the best way to minimize this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.