Windows Logon

Andy-H

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to create a session(logon) to a web interface using a windows session in C++ and if theres any resources anyone could recommend?

Have full control over the website so can add stuff to the database etc. I know you can get the windows username, just can't think of a way to get that info to the browser and create a session based upon it?

Obviously don't want to use GET variables or cookies or anything as that could be a massive security flaw lol

If you have a windows active directory domain and want to use those logins for your site, you can use ldap to perform authentication against the domain.  Not sure if it is possible without a domain.

If you want users to be automatically logged into your site when they login on their machine you'd have to have some kind of software running on the machine (say a browser extension) that will provide whatever details are necessary.  I'm not even sure how you'd accomplish it.  It'd be far easier to just create a 'remember me' option and have your users check that.

You'll have to clarify what it is you want to accomplish.

Well so far I have created a C++ program that gets the username / domain and md5 hashes it with a salt, and a function that sends a http socket request and gets the output, so the plan is, have a script on the server (with the salt) and place the C++ exe in startup programs, then when a user logs in the exe wi,ll run, send the hash to the server and if it matches with any users ( md5(username@domain_salt) ) then the server will output a hash which wikll also be stored in the database, a call will then be made to another exe that will open a browser ( using system("run www.site.com/?key=hash"), I don't recall the exact command) and if the hash's match, and the IP is an internal IP address, the user will be logged onto the appropriate account :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.