What's the best way to display table data?

Kryptix

I have a <div> that's 250px wide and inside that I want to display the top forum posters like:

1. User                3,298

2. Another User  2,385

...etc

I want their post count to be centred right and I want the rest to he centred left. Is this possible to do somehow just using a <ul> <li>?

If not, what's the best/sleekest way to do it using the least code as possible?

Cheers

The rule is to not use tables for LAYOUT.  That means: don't use tables to organize your site, don't use tables to make an image float to the right of a paragraph, and don't use tables to make your header look nice.  DO use tables for TABLES.  The tag is not deprecated, it's just incorrectly used.

I am, and I usually do that, but I'm trying to make the website as fast and efficiently as possible with the least amount of code, I'd much sooner use a list to auto add numbers to the list, but wasn't sure how I could incorporate that into a table.

Could I not just put a <span>post count</span> inside the <li> and float it to the right or should I definitely be using a table?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.