Where can I get familiar with, and learn, PHP Object Oriented coding?

devWhiz

Where would you guys recommend I go to learn and become familiar with writing Object Oriented PHP code? Also what are the advantages of writing object oriented code? Is it better than the 'traditional' coding style? I mean without using Objects, Classes, Methods, etc.. Is one way more efficient than the other? I've been seeing a lot of object oriented php code lately, and I'm just curious and want to learn the concept of OOP, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-CLUEL3SS

OOP just keeps everything clean and tidy when you're working on bigger things. It also helps you write reusable code and keeps it all separate.

For the basic of OOP i found this guy's tutorials on youtube really handy -

I'm not saying that's the absolute pinnacle of learning but if you want a fast overview of the concepts behind OOP its fab!

Where would you guys recommend I go to learn and become familiar with writing Object Oriented PHP code? Also what are the advantages of writing object oriented code? Is it better than the 'traditional' coding style? I mean without using Objects, Classes, Methods, etc.. Is one way more efficient than the other? I've been seeing a lot of object oriented php code lately, and I'm just curious and want to learn the concept of OOP, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-CLUEL3SS

Object oriented code is harder (and slower) to write and sometimes is slower executed, but is easier to maintain, reuse and debug.

It is also less error prone and easier to extend and scale ...

If you don't see reason to write OO code it's better to write good procedural style instead of bad OO.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.