Darkranger85

Hey again,

I'm trying to start my game project and I was adviced to use a premade Login system along with something called databasic.

Here are the links I was given:

http://tympanus.net/codrops/2009/09/16/php-login-system-reloaded-v1-1/

http://milesj.me/code/php/databasic

I downloaded those things, as I was instructed to do, but I have no idea how to even begin making use of these things, no idea where to start.

Perhaps someone could offer some advice?

Ok, so what would be your advice on what I should do?

I have watched tutorials that cover the basics of variables, arrays, loops, conditional logic, functions. Also more intermediate topics like OOP, classes, exceptions. I know the basics of how to connect and interact with a mysql database.

I just don't know what to do now. 

I wouldn't attempt OOP just yet if you only have a basic understanding of database interaction. Seems like you might be trying to tackle too much at once.

With your game you need to take it one step at a time as well. First concentrate on the login system, given it's a good starter into sessions and security. Break that down into manageable steps, such as what data will you need to store, how you will validate the user, the type of security threats, etc. OWASP I have been told is a good resource to learn about security.

To be honest at this point in learning (and probably for the next four years or more), any relatively large development you do, by the time it's finished you'll look back and have thought of a better way to doing it. Try from the start to split the bulk of your PHP from your HTML, only simple loops and conditions mixed in. That will make it a lot easier to upgrade later.

Ok, I'm right now working on an HTML/CSS framework for my game. Nothing pretty, just a rough workup. I almost have the Login and Registration forms set up. So I guess I'll work that up and see how it works.

Thanks for the input! :)

Of course if anyone has any more advice and such please feel free to post it! I'll take all the help I can get lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.