Storing html code in a mysql field

Shadowing

Im having trouble figuring out how to update a field in mysql to everything that $message holds. So when I select it later and echo it it will display just as if I echo it with out putting it into mysql

$message = implode(", ",$b) . " from planet <a href='map.php?x=$attacker_x&y=$attacker_y&planet=
$attacker_address'>$attacker_planet</a> has joined your forces on planet " . $defender_planet_name . ".";

How do i set up a column to accept this.

I have my column set to

TEXT

with collation utf8_unicode_ci

sorry thorpe i thought the code i posted was enough

$message = implode(", ",$b) . " from planet <a href='map.php?x=$attacker_x&y=$attacker_y
&planet=$attacker_address'>$attacker_planet</a>
has joined your forces on planet " . $defender_planet_name . ".";

$news1 = "INSERT INTO news SET time = '".($phptime)."', id = '".($_SESSION['user_id'])."', 
message = '".($message)."' , active = 0";		
$news = mysql_query($news1) or die(mysql_error());

just trying to insert into a column the variable $message holds . So when I select it later it returns with the html code. right now it just deny's the entry completely

lol the brackets half way worked. It got rid of the syntax error and i was able to echo it with a clickable link accept it puts the brackets around the link

The return was with Zoaghea being a clickable link

50 Jaffa from planet {Zoaghea} has joined your forces on planet Nashira.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.