Header Help

exposition

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to how I can highlight a link in a navigation menu to indicate the page a user is on.

Changing the style for the highlighted link is easy, but what I want to do is disable or remove the hyperlink for the nav button that relates to the page the user is on at the moment. For example, if you are on the homepage, the 'Home' link should be disabled.

How would I do this using one header for the entire website. I don't want to have a menu in each directory, it should be dynamic.

Thanks,

$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']
look it up to make sure, but I think that's it, I don't remember.,
You see what page you want
for instance if you want the homepage to not show up on the homepage then something like
if ($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] != "public_html/index.php") {
?>
show link
<?php
}
?>
osmething along those line's you may have to echo the server variable on the page's you need to find out what the exact path is going to be.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.