help me

danielbala

Hi....

im just trying to display the current login user's fullname in the field Current employee name in a file..i did the current user name to be displayed

This is code.

<?php
session_start();
if (isset($_SESSION['id'])){
$loginid=$_SESSION['id'];
}
if (isset($_SESSION['T_UserName'])){
$T_UserName=$_SESSION['T_UserName'];
}
if (isset($_GET['id'])){
$loginid=$_GET['id'];
//Get  login username if using GET 
$loginid=mysql_real_escape_string($loginid);
$query = "SELECT `username` FROM `details` WHERE id=$loginid";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$row = mysql_fetch_row($result);
$T_UserName=$row[0];
}
?>
<?php
if (isset($_SESSION['emp_id'])){
$loginid=$_SESSION['emp_id'];
}
if (isset($_SESSION['emp_name'])){
$CurrentEmpName=$_SESSION['emp_name'];
}
if (isset($_GET['emp_id'])){
$loginid=$_GET['emp_id'];
//Get  login username if using GET 
$loginid=mysql_real_escape_string($loginid);
$query = "SELECT `emp_name` FROM `login` WHERE emp_id=$loginid";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$row = mysql_fetch_row($result);
$CurrentEmpName=$row[0];
}
?>

this is form..

<form action="" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="employee" target="_self">
   <br />
   <br />
   <table border="1">
   <tr  width="569" colspan="2">
   <td>
     Current User            :  
            <input name="CurrentUser" type="text" disabled id="UserId" size="35" maxlength="35" readonly class="disabled"  value="<?php  echo $_SESSION['username'];?>"/>             Activity          :

<input name="LogActivity" type="text" disabled id="ActLog" size="35" Value="List New Jobs" maxlength="35" readonly class="disabled" />   <br />
       Current Employee Name :  

<input name="CurrentEmpName" type="text" disabled id="CurrentEmpId" size="35" maxlength="35" readonly class="disabled"  value="<?php  echo $_SESSION['emp_name'];?>"/>     
   </td>
       </tr>
   </table>

@danielbala - Did you create the code?

The script looks like it was made to gather input from multiple pages. Some access the script via $_SESSION variables, while others use $_GET variables. However, the code provided doesn't show what happens when dealing with $_POST variables. Is there more code that's not being shown?

Where to set the variable??

To be honest, I don't know. Since I'm not very familiar with how the code relates to the rest of the website, it's difficult to say where the $_SESSION variable needs to be set. The only thing I can say is that it needs to be set somewhere in the website where you know employee's name...which is probably on the page before getting to the form. :shrug:

Note that I don't have a lot of time (right now) to help with the issue. Of course, you can still post more questions / code. Maybe someone else will be able to help...or maybe I'll be able to help later.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.