I have a form but am i setting my mysql table correctly?

usman07

This is a image of my forms and a image of my mysql table.

Have i setting my mysql tables up correctly, im especially unsure about the form which says e.g. number of bedrooms (min) and (max) having my mysql table like this will the form work correctly?

post-130660-13482403308545_thumb.png

post-130660-13482403309303_thumb.png

I would suggest you create a varchar field and perhaps insert something like "1-5" where 1 is your minimum value and 5 is your maximum. You can then explode this value at the "-" and do whatever you want with the values. Alternatively, you could just create two fields, one called maximum and one called minimum or something more descriptive.

Surely the table is designed to hold properties. Properties have a set number of bedrooms, so the table structure you have is correct.

You would then need to select properties that fall into your min max range within your query. eg;

SELECT * FROM properties WHERE number_of_bedrooms >= $min and number_of_bedrooms <= $max

Also, fix your filed names so that they don't contain spaces.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.