firstname

lastname

email@example.com

Lizbeth

Salander

email@example.com

Lizbeth

Salander

The second table just contains a record id. This record id relates to the record id in tbl_data

tbl_processed

id

I run a query to get the ids from tbl_processed and store them in an array

So, the raw query I am running is

SELECT * FROM tbl_data WHERE id NOT IN ('4') GROUP BY email, lastname, firstname;

If I run this, id 5 is still returned.

The behaviour I want to see is that if there is a matching ID in the grouping, no result is returned.

I am not sure I am using the correct logic, and I hope this makes sense!

Basically, I want to group my data, then if there are any matches in the NOT IN statement within that grouping, I don't want to return a result for that group.

OK, I have no idea why you are using group by, there's no good reason for it with the data you have presented, but I expect you're trying something like:

SELECT email, firstname, lastname FROM tbl_data WHERE tbl_data.id NOT IN (SELECT id from tbl_processed)

I tested the code you posted and it does not include the row with an id of 4 when I do it....

OK I think I need to explain this a bit better.

My data can contain the same details multiple times over.

If an ID exists in tbl_processed that references one instance of a user, I don't want that user to show up again in my results.

So, in my basic example, if ID 4 exists in tbl_processed, I don't want IDs 4 or 5 to be returned by my query because they are the same data.

I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.