MS Word Cleanup

phpbeginner

I have a CMS with basic toolbar and have major issues with copying and pasting from MS Word.

I have a code below that I would like to test cleaning up MS Word....

<?php
function word_cleanup ($str)
{
    $pattern = "/<(\w+)>(\s| )*<\/\1>/";
    $str = preg_replace($pattern, '', $str);
    return mb_convert_encoding($str, 'HTML-ENTITIES', 'UTF-8');
}
?>

And would like to add it onClick within code below, but it doesn't seem to do anything......

<?php
//we will have to dynamically generate either the edit and delete buttons or
//the save button here depending on numevent.
if($numMain!=-1)
{
echo("<tr><td colspan='2' align='center'><input type='submit' id='button' name='edit' value='Save Changes' onClick=\"saveChanges('edit'); onClick=\"function('word_cleanup');\"><input type='submit' id='button' name='delete' value='Delete' onClick=\"saveChanges('delete');\"></td></tr></table></form>");
}
else
{
echo("<tr><td colspan='2' align='center'><input type='submit' id='button' name='save' value=' Save ' onClick=\"saveChanges('save'); onClick=\"function('word_cleanup');\"></td></tr></table></form>");
}

?>

Any help, tips, suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

You'll need to either create it as a javascript function (I have no idea what you're attempting is possible in JS), or use AJAX to submit the code to your PHP page. Either way, you'll need javascript help.

The third option I see is instead of doing it onclick, make the page submit, use PHP to clean it up, then refill the form with the corrected content.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.