sockets

skliz4rel

this is the code

<?php
$PORT = 1234; //the port on which we are connecting to the "remote" machine
$HOST = "127.0.0.1"; //the ip of the remote machine (in this case it's the same machine)
$sock = socket_create(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM, 1) //Creating a TCP socket       
or die("error: could not create socket\n");
$succ = socket_connect($sock, $HOST, $PORT) //Connecting to to server using that socket       
or die("error: could not connect to host\n");
$text = "Hello, Java!"; //the text we want to send to the 
socket_write($sock, $text . "\n", strlen($text) + 1) //Writing the text to the socket       
or die("error: failed to write to socket\n");
$reply = socket_read($sock, 10000, PHP_NORMAL_READ) //Reading the reply from socket      
or die("error: failed to read from socket\n");
echo $reply;

?>

sorry i think i posted the wrong message. This is the rite error message.

Warning: socket_create() [function.socket-create]: Unable to create socket [0]: The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists. in C:\wamp\www\socket\client.php on line 4

i am trying to use my java and php code to communicate through socket. But i am having problems with socket at php level.

$sock = socket_create(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM, 1)

That 1 there is a number corresponding to the TCP protocol. At least it's "supposed" to be. On your system TCP is actually 6.

I just realized there's a constant you can use instead of the function call, so the proper way of writing that code above would be

$sock = socket_create(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM, SOL_TCP)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.