Check Box Validating..

thara

Hello..

I have Two HTML form and one is a Check boxes form that enable users to select their category. Then I need to display second form according to the categories they selected in first form. I use this code in first form to validate form submission..

if ( isset( $_POST['category']) && sizeof( $_POST['category']) <= 3) {

$category = $_POST['category'];

} else {

$errors[] = 'Please select atleast 1, not more than 3 categories';

}

If errors array is empty I did this..

if ( empty( $errors )) {  // If everything's OK

$_SESSION = $category;

$url = 'http://localhost/lanka_institute/tutorsignup/select_subjects.php? // Define the URL.

ob_end_clean(); // Delete the buffer.

header("Location: $url");

exit(); // Quit the script.

}

Can I know and is this correct? I display category list from mysql category table, it has category name and category id

this is my html part from first page

echo '<td width="50%"><input type="checkbox" name="category[]"  vlaue="' . $info['category_id'] . '" />  ' . $info['category_name'] . '</td>';

any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

in my first form  I display category list where user to select category. check boxes i used to each category. so I need to check what are the categories that users selected and they should display in my second form. so please tell me how can do this..

Do you clear my problem?

thank you..

Its still problem.. my first form is 'sign_up.php'  and second is select_subject.php'.  sign_up.php page has more categories and  users can select up to 3 more categories there. So. after selecting and user click the continue bottom, page want to go to second form page its select_subject.php page. In there, i want to display the categories which user selected from sign_up.php page and also its provide to select subjects according to the categories they have selected.

my problem is how can I check what are the categories user have selected and how they display in my second page.

category come to first page from my category table. It has category_id and category_name columns.

thanks for any help..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.