CSRF

Kryptix

How much work do you to stop CSRF? Like, I've made sure when changing passwords/e-mails (or anything related to account security) they have to confirm their own password so CSRF can't really do much.

I've got a header referral check on everything but this is really easy to spoof so without putting hidden tokens in each form is there any easier way?

I can't really be bothered and the worst thing they can do is get a user to post a spam post on my forum or something trivial.

How far do you take it?

The problem isn't that you're not using CSRF tokens,

I can't really be bothered

That is the problem. As a user I find it distressing when the person/people maintaining a site I use simply don't care. You just shrug off spam? That shows you have no interest in the health of the forum, and if you don't care then why should I?

My form class extends a token class I've made.

It was very little extra work for me to add tokens to my forms ;)

I wouldn't call a CSRF header injection easy though. It's quite tricky to spoof the referrer of another client's browser. Many corporate proxies or paranoid users won't send the referrer header on a legit request, though.

I wouldn't call a CSRF header injection easy though. It's quite tricky to spoof the referrer of another client's browser. Many corporate proxies or paranoid users won't send the referrer header on a legit request, though.

I feel that checking the referer is pointless because it can be spoofed. Plus, as you said, it might not even bet set.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.