PHPFreaks Chat

Finally! I have got a web applet up for the Chatroom.  So it has been down for a while, I didn't like the fact that the chatroom was dead, so decided to throw up a java irc client for those users to use who don't have an IRC client.

For IRC Client Users:

server:  irc.freenode.net
room: #phpfreaks

For web browser users:

click the link in the left nav on the main site, or go to http://www.phpfreaks.com/chat2/chat.php

Now that I have this fixed, hopefully, more users will start using the chatroom because it is extremely dead.

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=113887.msg463784#msg463784 date=1162835589]
yeah. be sure you use the url http://www.phpfreaks.com/chat2/chat.php . Ober was visiting the old one this morening, partly my fault, but just the same. or you can use your own personal IRC client :)
[/quote]
Nope... still doesn't work... and I get a JS error on "login".

Apart from the new web client, here are some great IRC clients you can download and use:

Gaim
Trillian
IceChat
XChat
mIRC
irris

Just google them, or google for IRC Clients and get a larger list.  Here is our server information:

server: irc.freenode.net
channel: #phpfreaks

we are becoming quite an active channel.  We truly hope that you will join us. Apart from providing good, almost instant help, we also have a blast just goofing around and having fun.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.