Recreating my AJAX engine, need help with queue

Nolongerused3921

Well I'm finally working on my AJAX engine again, doing a complete rewrite. However, I need some help perfecting a queue system. What would be the best way to process a queue? I don't really want to use a settimeout/settimer, but I also don't want to call the "processQueue()" function everytime the engine is done with a previous request (Both have the potential to create an insane amount of lag/memory leakage).

Basically, I need a queue because I'm planning on having an option, in the 'AddToQueue()' function, that lets you say how many times you want the action to go off (0 for infinite), and how often (Every x milliseconds). This way I can have a few things updating an area on the page every 5 seconds, and still process one-time things like a user event.

Has anyone here had any luck creating a system like this, or have any idea on a low lag, non-memory leak, cross browser method of doing this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.