Text based mmo

Far Cry

I got into web development via MMORPG's, although I should omit the first M; I used to play a game called NY-Mafia as a kid and wanted to make my own, got some scripts, started copying and pasting bits to create the functionality I wanted, then reading and writing bits, then I started coding full add-on scripts. Now I'm a junior web developer, by no means a great web developer, but I aspire to be :)

I had my own game for a while, then gave the scripts away, I don't have them any more, it was called NY-Mobster (imaginative, I know lol), maybe you can get hold of them somewhere, but it's a pain in the arse to run one, and you definitely won't make any substantial amount of money, I would make anywhere up to 100 pounds a month, but would spend 15 hour stints programming features and updates, it's really something you've just got to enjoy doing.

I got into web development via MMORPG's, although I should omit the first M; I used to play a game called NY-Mafia as a kid and wanted to make my own, got some scripts, started copying and pasting bits to create the functionality I wanted, then reading and writing bits, then I started coding full add-on scripts. Now I'm a junior web developer, by no means a great web developer, but I aspire to be :)

I had my own game for a while, then gave the scripts away, I don't have them any more, it was called NY-Mobster (imaginative, I know lol), maybe you can get hold of them somewhere, but it's a pain in the arse to run one, and you definitely won't make any substantial amount of money, I would make anywhere up to 100 pounds a month, but would spend 15 hour stints programming features and updates, it's really something you've just got to enjoy doing.

I also feel that I neglected to mention that this very forum played an integral part to my progression as a developer, so if it is a learning experience you're after, stick around here, ask questions, answer questions; people will correct you if you get it wrong, but it's all part of the learning process, so don't take it personally, the word 'criticism'; is only seen around here on the right hand side of

echo 'constructive '.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.