PHP: Email did not reach some recipient

pascal_22

ok thanks....

I just saw that we can include a key when sending mail......

X-SID-PRA: contact@phpfreaks.com
X-DKIM-Result: None
X-Message-Status: n:0:n
X-SID-Result: None
X-AUTH-Result: NONE

In this exemple there 'none' but some email i receive is write 'PASS' instead of 'none'

Hello,

Here a copy/past of my new code:

if (!mail($Email_A, $Titre, $Sujet, $headers ))
		{
			error_log("\n$DateEnvoi  Email sent error: ".$Email_A, 3, 'logs/confirmationEmail_send_errors.log');
		}
		else
		{
			error_log("\n$DateEnvoi  Email sent succesfully: ".$Email_A, 3, 'logs/confirmationEmail_send_Success.log');
		}

So i just had new user and all is in SUCCESS log. But two of my new user told me that they didnt receive my mail....

So i think, the problem is not in mail function.

Is it possible, that i have too much HTML (i have table....., link....)?

I will try for one or 2 day to delete ALL HTML, only text.?

Is it a good idea?

Thanks

You can have the link as plain text and most email clients will convert it to a clickable link. I don't think the HTML is the problem though.

just to be sure, i want to delete all HTML tag for testing it.

for link sould i wrtite:

Click to confirm www.mydomain.com to confirm

OR

click to confirm <a href="www.mydomain.com">Confirm my mail</a>

Thanks

New thing!!

Ok, deleted all HTML and i only put DIV

SAmething, some members didn't receive my message!!

I tried a thing.... i would like to know what do you think:

I've registered at laposte.net to get a free email, because all user with email from laposte.net didn't receive my confirmation mail. So after creating my free mail, i register to my website with my new email as a new user,the result is the same: i did not receive the confirmation email on my new email at laposte.net

But if i register with another email to me at hotmail.com, i receive the confirmation email, BUT if i transfer this email at laposte.net, i receive it.

Conclusion: like you said, it's not HTML tag that bloc my mail, because the mail i transfer to laposte had a lot of html tags.

Whatelse can bloc my mail??

thanks a lot

People are using free mail services (mailinator, etc) to register for your site.  I don't blame them.  However, you will need to build a function that does not allow them to use said email addresses when registering, or at least the one in question.

all user with email from laposte.net didn't receive my confirmation mail

This would have been great had you mentioned it at the beginning of the thread.  Your problem would have been resolved in 5 minutes instead of 5 days.  Let this be a lesson.

yeah you right, but i talk about laposte.net, but sometimes it's hotmail.fr, skynet.be,club-internet.fr, sometime ymail.com

Maybe they all are free but i can block all of those....

I'm pretty sure there something else....

Don't you think?

yeah you right, but i talk about laposte.net, but sometimes it's hotmail.fr, skynet.be,club-internet.fr, sometime ymail.com

Maybe they all are free but i can block all of those....

I'm pretty sure there something else....

Don't you think?

Anybody on this board would have spotted that issue in 5 seconds of seeing it.  As soon as you said "free email account", I knew right away.

Free email accounts always cause issues.  They're best to avoid altogether.

Considering most people use a free email service, you're really limiting your users if you reject them. I ONLY use gmail, I'm not giving out my work email for anything but work, and previously I didn't even have a work email. I've never had an issue sending mail to gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc via PHP. I would think it's a problem with the host.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.