sub domains httacces

mega5network

I am planning to make the following schema :

www.example1.domain.com    is  www.domain.com/site/index.php?u=example1

www.example2.domain.com    is  www.domain.com/site/index.php?u=example2

using PHP code, and httacces, i want to make this dynamic, so any user registred in my domain.com, can have his own website example3.domain.com which read from the file /site/index.php?u=example3

Please any help?

1. Add a wildcard DNS entry for *.domain.com that points to www.domain.com.

2. In your .htaccess, do URL rewriting with the added stipulation that the hostname (%{HTTP_HOST}) must match the "www.([a-z0-9]+).domain.com" pattern. You can pass the name to your PHP script with %1, or have it determine the hostname itself.

3. ???

4. Profit!

i think i got the solution, i don't know how much it's effective,

1- i added a wildcard DNS *.mega5network.com to /site/ folder

2- in /site/ folder, i put index.php which parse the subdomain, get the user and then save it into the session and direct to /1 folder (1 mean theme number 1)

3- in /1/index.php , i read the user saved in the session and retrieve his website data

so if he type : www.john.mega5network.com , it's the same of www.mega5network.com/site/index.php?user=john .

the final URL will be in the address bar :

www.john.mega5network.com/1/index.php

but it will be better if i could hide the 1 or 2 or.. the number of theme!!

The only time the address bar will change URL is if in a RewriteRule you (a) use the [R] flag or (b) give a full destination URL including http:// and whatnot. So if you don't do either of those then the URL as shown to the user will not change.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.