Help !!!!!! Restart

rusty1001

Hi All

Noobie here!!! I have been using mysql \ phpmyadmin .. ;D
anyway worked fine  and then did somethinhg silly a removed privileges for root in myphpadmin ...and there was no other user and could not put them back ,,,and now can log into mysql admin , but cant do anything with the root and get error 1045 when trying to use myphpadmin...a mess.....I managed to get the database working but added a new user but did not help...

any ideas ... All I want to do is wipe the slate clean and start again but uninstalling does not seem to work..
what is the best way to do this or... is the a simple solution any ideas
thanks for the help
russell

If you have access to the database from the command-line, and you can log into the root account, you should be able to "fix" the phpMyAdmin stuff without starting over again.  Unfortunately, I have no practical experience in this regard... anyone?

thanks
I have th password and the comand line , all i need is to be able to reset the privs. for the root user, but there seems nothing about that online ...only reseting the password, when I log into mysql admin there are no rights for the root user which used to be,  it maybe a myphp problem I am not sure,if that makes any sense,
thanks.

HI
In mysql admin I can see the root user but screen is greyed out, then when I add a localhost below it is ok, a new user seems to be ok, but does not work connection I can grant permissions, and it all seems ok, but the root user on it is own does not have any abilities, when I try to install on the local host osc it has an error consider upgrading to mysql client... I have uninstalled - but seems to retain some info ..how dow you clear that out, ?? I accidently removed grants in phpmyadmin for the root and just wont bring it back to it as it ws in the beginning... any ideas....thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.