How to calculate the entries within the last 40 business days?

TheBrandon

Hello all,

I have a typical registration system where users can create accounts and the current time is stored in a TIMESTAMP field.

I need to calculate how many people joined with the last 40 business days.

What is the best way to achieve this? I found a few functions on php.net for calculating business days but all of the ones I found seem to deal primarily with the future, not the past.

I really just need the single date. If I could just get a function that would return a 2012-05-24 21:11:49 type timestamp for the date 40 business days ago, I think I could take it from there, I'm just not sure what the most efficient way to calculate this is.

Any ideas?

Excluding holidays, 40 business days = 8 whole weeks. It's a rather convenient number. So no special logic required.

Wow, I didn't realize that lol. Thank you very much. Sometimes I guess you just need another mind looking at the problem!

Have a great day, thanks again!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.