MYSQL Cardinality?

Monkuar

Not be a noob but this is getting ridiculous and pissing me off..

I have this as my indexes

PRIMARY BTREE Yes No id 182 A

users_username_idx BTREE Yes No username (25) 182 A

users_registered_idx BTREE No No registered 182 A

Cardinality for my PRIMARY (ID IS STUCK AT 182) but my TABLE HAS 207 RECORDS, I need to update the 182 to 207 how?

Why? because whenever I run this query

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id) FROM '.$db->prefix.'users') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$stats['total_users'] = $db->result($result);

It sucks and shows me 182, not the real "207" id's in my users table, this is really pissing me off.

Hell I even deleted it and re made one, still shows 182? Damn I am lost :P

you could try this :)

$result1 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` DROP `id`;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$result2 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$result3 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` ADD `id` int UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY FIRST;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id) FROM '.$db->prefix.'users') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

you could try this :)

$result1 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` DROP `id`;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$result2 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$result3 = $db->query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->prefix.'users` ADD `id` int UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY FIRST;') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

thanks for the code but something tells me that would hurt performance once my member's is in the thousands lol :P  im just looking to fix it through mysql first then keep using

whenever

thanks tho aha

i just know it doesn't match with my 207 id's in my table so theres something wrong, and i am looking on a way to fix it through mysql :)  i don't want to run 3 extra queries man

There is absolutely no reason to try to manipulate the values of the primary key of a database table to suit your fancy. Doing so has the potential to utterly destroy the referential integrity of the database.

i have 207 ROWS...................

i count them, I have legimately 207 ROWS of id's but the cardinality is showing 187.............. there is something wrong here, how do I change the 187 to 207 to match how many id's I have in my table that's all I am asking  :-[

Since I did delete 25 id's

i'll just use

$newstats= $stats['total_users']+25;

topic solved, lol thanks all

Unless I'm really missing something here, I have my doubts that you actually have 207 records, since both the SELECT COUNT() and cardinality values are showing 182. Insert a new record and see what value its primary key has.

it was my fault, i apologize.. i was looking through the records in descending order and found like

so it does seem like I did delete some, (no idea why it was my fault)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.