Using Hypens Instead of Hypens

justlukeyou

Those are facts. If they were fabrications, then maybe it would be malicious. All anyone has to do is look at your post count, which is right below your username in every post you make, to see that you are not "brand new to php" as you claimed.

thought this was a well run forum.

I believe it takes some pretty special people to put up with answering the same questions ten times a day, 7 days a week, and still continue to log in.  A majority of the questions asked either a) haven't done any research themselves and b) want it done for them.  So before you go running your mouth, you should appreciate the fact that this community even exists because of the dozen or so who really put in the effort and put up with being abused by idiots and tantrum throwers.

What Im puzzled about is why would someone have "corner-tv-units" in their DB.  Why would someone do that.  Thats why I thought the HT Access operated the hyphen function.

I think you are still completely missing the problem. What a mod rewrite does has absolutely NOTHING to do with what data you do or do not have in your database. A mod rewrite only does what it is specified to do. Just because you feel it should replace hyphens with spaces doesn't mean squat. Unless you put specifications into your rewrite rules to replace hyphens with spaces it will not replace them. It's like programming your DVR to record a show at 2pm but actually setting it at 2am and then asking aloud "Why would it record the wrong show?".

As for my previous post I was not being malicious, but I think it is disingenuous of you to to try and profess that you are "new" to try and deflect criticism of the effort you put forth in helping us to help you. There was not enough accurate information provided in the numerous posts made and some simple tests such as echoing the query to the page were never done. Heck, just echoing $_GET['name'] to the page would have saved yourself and us a ton of time. It was also stated that the query was "blocked", which would infer it failed. But, that was not the case and it was never checked. Verifying input/output data is debugging 101. If some process doesn't work as you expect the first thing to do is to verify the inputs going into that process and the outputs from that process.

The above statements are not meant to be malicious. I am merely holding you accountable for your actions and your statements. I can't force you to post "good" questions even though they may not adhere to the forum guidelines. We are here to help. We enjoy it. One suggestion I would make would be to re-read your posts from the perspective of a third person. If you were reading it as posted from someone else without any of the background information you know, would it make sense?

Im not disputing you, Im just suprised its done in this way.  I now need to change all my pages to include string replace when all along I thought I could edit the HT Access file at the end.

Oh well, live and learn.  Its just frustrating because I'm 98% complete. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.