Problem with cron job and SimpleXML

ayoksus

Hi,

I have a php page that need to be executed by cron job. However, I couldn't get the cron job works.

If I refresh the page manually, it works fine, but it doesn't work when I execute it through cron job. To find what's happened, I use set_error_handler function to send the error to my email. However, I don't understand what the error says.

Implicit cloning object of class 'SimpleXMLElement' because of 'zend.ze1_compatibility_mode' 

Could anyone tell me what's wrong??

Thanks,

ayok

From what I remember about compatibility mode, it's basically a shim for running PHP 4 code in a PHP 5 installation. In the former objects were treated as values, and if you passed them to functions then any changes would be to a copy; in the latter objects are always references and changes would affect the original object. Compatibility mode reverts that behavior.

Try turning it off in your php.ini. Note that it could easily affect a lot of code so do a bunch of testing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.