<?php
$valueone = $_POST['value1'];
$valuetwo = $_POST['value2'];
$number = random(1,10); //random value for array
$array[$number] = array($valueone,$valuetwo); //each array number is unique
?>
<input type="submit" name="submit">
</form>

However, I need to make it such that if an array already has values stored in it, it moves on to another random array until it finds an empty one.

Also,  since I would need to validate the form, I will require the random array number to remain the same upon submission of the form.

I've tried using a for loop:

for($i=0; $i<1000; $i++){
if(isset($array[$number])){ //if the array is set, since $number is unique, generate new array by randoming another number
$number = random(1,10); //random another value for array
} $i++; }

but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to.

I didn't use shuffle as I want my array to store values from the 100th position. So basically, array[0] -> array[99] are empty. I have a problem which is I am unable to capture the random number upon validation of the form. When I generate a random number say:

$rand = rand(100,999);

I want to be able to echo the same random number, instead when I submit the form, my code generates another random number. I can't use another variable to store the random number as again

$storage = $rand;

when I submit the form, $storage will also be the new random number instead of the old one.

Is there any way to capture the random number?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.