Send email with image in body

PF2G

Good Morning  :)

I'm doing a music website and i would like to do a form where users can suggest bands, so i made a form where you say the name of the band, some discription and choose an image from user's computer or by url.

My issue is choosing from the computer, i know that i have to upload the image to a server but:

1. is this server the host where i have my website?

2. if yes how do i do, when i have only the name of the image?

I don't have any code, i'm just asking for some hints.

Please can someone help me?

Thank you,

PF2G

Your question does not have a strait forward solution. There are some technical aspects and some legal ones.

There's always the chance that the user may upload or provide the url of an image that is copyrighted. So, you need to be careful with how you use it. But, that aside, having the user provide a url is definitely riskier. Depending on how you implement this, you could be liking to an image from some site (or copying the image) which would very easily be violating the terms of user for the website that is hosting the image. So, make sure what you are doing will not put you into legal trouble.

As for implementation. For uploads you will have to copy the image to your hosting server. Then you can simply send an HTML email with an image tag in the content pointing to the image that was uploaded. You *can* also embed the image in the email, but that is more difficult and a pain IMO. If the user provides a url you can just put the image tag in the email with that url. You would probably want to verify that the url is valid first. Alternatively, you could copy the image to your server, but that seems unnecessary.

Your question does not have a strait forward solution. There are some technical aspects and some legal ones.

There's always the chance that the user may upload or provide the url of an image that is copyrighted. So, you need to be careful with how you use it. But, that aside, having the user provide a url is definitely riskier. Depending on how you implement this, you could be liking to an image from some site (or copying the image) which would very easily be violating the terms of user for the website that is hosting the image. So, make sure what you are doing will not put you into legal trouble.

As for implementation. For uploads you will have to copy the image to your hosting server. Then you can simply send an HTML email with an image tag in the content pointing to the image that was uploaded. You *can* also embed the image in the email, but that is more difficult and a pain IMO. If the user provides a url you can just put the image tag in the email with that url. You would probably want to verify that the url is valid first. Alternatively, you could copy the image to your server, but that seems unnecessary.

Holy...

I didn't thought about that thing of copyright.

What if i create a .php file where i write something that says "i do not own the images they are just for information" or something like that and then i send the url image of the image uploaded to a table 'copy_img'?

Do you think this could avoid copyright problems?

1) Yes the server is the host/computer where you have your website.

2) I recommend you follow this simple tutorial http://www.tizag.com/phpT/fileupload.php which tells you how to achieve what you want.

If you have any problems, post back here :)

Thank you both for replying  :)

PF2G

Or if you haveany other idea that could avoid other websites warn me about their images, i apreciate.  ;)

Thank you again,

PF2G

just correctly tell people on the site that the content uploaded is not the ownership of the website and any proven copy written uploads will be deleted./

make sure the person reporting the find proves it there dont fulll in a trap where it a website competitor trying to out do you.

remember content uploads help in goggle and can earn you ?????$$$$$

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.