move_uploaded_file is not working

bugzy

This is my form

<form method="post" name="add_item" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="add_item.php">

<input name="uploaded_image" type="file" />

<input type="submit" value="Add Item" name="submit" size="30" />

my php code

<?php

if(isset($_post['submit']))
{

$target_path = "images_item/";

if (!($_FILES["uploaded_image"]["type"] == "image/gif" || $_FILES["uploaded_image"]["type"] == "image/jpeg" || $_FILES["uploaded_image"]["type"] == "image/png") && $_FILES["uploaded_image"]["error"] != "4")

{
	//invalid file format
}	
else
{
	move_uploaded_file($_FILES["uploaded_image"]["tmp_name"], $target_path);

}

}

?>

The folder images_item is on the root but the code is not working as images that have been uploaded are nowhere to be found on images_item folder.

Anyone?

1. Uppercase $_POST. Variables are case-sensitive.

2. $target_path has to include the filename.

3. $_FILES[...]["type"] cannot be trusted. Use getimagesize to determine if the file is an image.

4. Your logic is a bit wrong.

5. You also need to check for other error codes. At the very least do an ==UPLOAD_ERR_OK.

6. Make sure your filename is safe. Has the right extension according to the type of image. Again, can't trust the $_FILES[...]["name"] to have the right extension - you need to set it yourself.

Hi

There are several realy good tutorials on uploading images. I would check out http://codewall.blogspot.com/2011/03/upload-image-in-folder-in-php-step-by.html

The prob with your form is that if it worked anyone could upload a diffrent file other than an image which leaves you open to problems with attacks from out side users. You need to make sure you can varify that the file been uploaded is indeed an image.

I finally get it working. The problem is the path..

Just a simple question guys..

right now I'm using php function "copy" , is it the same as "move_uploaded_file" ?

Is it fine to use it? or will I'm going to have a problem latter on?

Which do guys prefer?

Anyone?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.