giving up... xml php

myitalan

Greetings,

I've been at this for a complete week day and night. 

I just can't believe that no one is able to help me.  My request can't be that difficult for professionals doing this daily.

All I am asking is to have an DOM xml php script to display my xml with a pic, be able to edit title, add, delete and save.

I've come close in each area but in no way can put code together to make all work.  Could someone just point me in the direction of a full tutorial where I can learn how to do it.  Sending me to the manual is in no way helpful for someone of my skill... It's like giving someone a Bible and say go get saved... not possible.

Don't know what else to say.... I guess I've get the the message with tons of views and no reply.

I promise you i won't be taking anyone's job.. just trying to get out of this bind I'm in.  Would have stopped long time ago but gave someone my word.

A final thanks in advance.

First, it's the weekend, so there are less people active than normal.

Second, a lot of people don't know/like dealing with XML.  As a data exchange format, it's largely been supplanted by JSON.

Third, everyone here is a volunteer.  No one - not even the staff - gets money for being here.  We do what we can when we can, but no one is guaranteed help.

Finally, instead of getting frustrated because you didn't get the help you wanted with a fairly esoteric problem, how about you start from the beginning and tell us the following:

What you're trying to do

What's actually happening (including any error messages)

The relevant code

In most cases, the quality of the answers received is directly proportional to the questions asked.  Rather than getting angry, you can help yourself far more by being absolutely clear and concise with what you want.

Greetings,

Thank you DarkPrince2005 for your refer.. I will give it a look.

KevinM1 - My apologies for the tone, it's just over the past week I'd post and someone may ask a question of me then nothing after I reply... but you are right... I do appreciate that this forum do exist and you all take time out of your lives to look at a bunch of no coders like myself.  I'll keep it in check!

Pikachu2000 - My posts are not repeats... there are several components to what I'm trying to do.

1. create an xml file. Done

2. create an a php script that will update that xml file uploading a picture with it. Done

3. displaying that xml file in an html page with php Done

4  updating and deleting xml records via html & php.  Not Done

I've been posting each step of the way and not received helpful reply so after I finally figure out one piece I've post for assistance of my next hurdle. I wouldn't reply to a post asking for loading xml into html doc when I am looking for deleting records from an xml file via php form.

However Pikachu2000, if the rule is because this is one complete application that i should stay within the original post, I'd understand and would comply.

Thanks to you all.

This is what I was referring to:

1. create an xml file. Done

2. create an a php script that will update that xml file uploading a picture with it. Done

3. displaying that xml file in an html page with php Done

4  updating and deleting xml records via html & php.  Not Done

If the threads related to issues 1-3 are solved, mark those solved please . . .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.