jQuery fadeOut() too much CPU

The Little Guy

I have been building a home page, and I have a script that fades images out for a slide show.

for testing purposes, I made two scripts, one uses jQueries fadeOut() function an another is a jQuery plugin I made without the use of fadeOut().

While testing, I opened chrome's "background pages" tool, and watched the site. Whenever jQuery's fadeOut() function was triggered, the cpu went up to about 50%. When I tested my plugin the cpu only went up to 32%.

jQuery's: ciaobellaphotography.us

My jQuery plugin: ciaobellaphotography.us/index2.php

Do you guys see any noticeable difference between the two or have any additional thoughts?

ciaobellaphotography.us - memory is around ~78,000-83,000K, CPU peaks at about 24% briefly, Javascript memory is ~13,000K

ciaobellaphotography.us/index2.php - memory is around ~46,000-58,000K - CPU peaks at 18-20% briefly, Javascript memory is ~8,000K

So, it looks like index2.php performs a tiny bit better. As far as unresponsiveness or any visual lag, I don't notice any between the two on my machine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.