move_uploaded_file returns true but file is missing

The14thGOD

Just as title says, the function returns 1 but when I check the directory it is empty.

I moved servers a few months ago and since it's a personal project I didn't bother checking it beyond is everything showing up.

Here's the function that handles the file handling:

//config
define('BASE_ROOT', getenv("DOCUMENT_ROOT"));

//project class
public function upload_file($file){
		$accepted_file_types = array('zip','rar','html','css','js','php','sql','xml','txt');
		$ext = explode('.',$file['name']);
		if(array_search($ext[1],$accepted_file_types) !== false) {
			$uploaddir = BASE_ROOT."/zips/";
			$safename = $this->sanitize_url_string($ext[0]);				
			$file_dir = "$uploaddir".$safename.'_'.date('y-m-d').".$ext[1]";
			move_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'], "$file_dir");
			//rename file to be accessed from root
			$this->old_path = $this->path;
			$this->path = str_replace(BASE_ROOT,"",$file_dir);
		}
	}
public function sanitize_url_string($str){			
		$str = preg_replace('/[^-a-zA-Z0-9_]/','-',$str);
		$str = preg_replace('/[-]{2,}/','-',$str);
		$str = strtolower($str);
		return $str;
	}

I'm hosting on media temple, and the BASE_ROOT is accurate, so I'm not sure where the file is if it's not in the zips folder...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

/home/XXXXXX/domains/example.domain.com/html/zips/filename_12-08-02.zip is the full path, and my unlink function works too.

If I remove the BASE_ROOT var I start getting php errors of non existing directories as expected including the unlink function. I've also added the max filesize to the form (found a reported bug, but it was an older version of PHP (current: 5.3.13)).

yep..didn't even think of that, I need to adjust the code to delete the file first, then upload. Never ran into the issue before because I never replaced a file the same day. Some of the code didn't work due to a server switch. I had to re-write it after I found out it wasn't working but the db was still updating. This caused it to store today's file name. Seems so easy yet I completely overlooked that. Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.